ISSP Certificate Program
The ISSP certificate program is designed for current and aspiring sustainability practitioners.
The certificate program will provide you with the skills and competencies to take on positions such as Sustainability Officer, Sustainability Director, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Sustainability Analyst, Sustainability Coordinator, Sustainability Consultant, Green Facilitator, Sustainability Services Expert, Green Facilitator, Green Facilitator, Sustainability Specialist and Climate Officer.
“As a leader in industry focused on environmental product programs, it’s essential to understand the issues, articulate the need to focus on Sustainability, and develop business cases to communicate the benefits to the bottom line though the implementation of sustainability strategies. The ISSP Sustainability Certificate Program provided a strong foundation and excellent guidance for understanding sustainability issues and a toolkit to put into practice strategies for change”.
- Sustainability Professional Certificate (SPC) ISSP's certificate program blends sustainability concepts and practices with organizational change theory to provide you with the leadership skills and knowledge to lead a sustainability program. ISSP’s certificate courses offer access to current research and professionals working in the field. ISSP's Instructors are subject matter experts that facilitate the online webinars and learning center experience. You will be learning theory and practice with sustainability tools and methods. You are graded on a pass/fail and will receive feedback on your competencies from the instructor. See attachment below to download Certificate Program 2014 - 2015 PDF.
You will benefit from the interactive live webinars and 24/7 access to a collaborative Learning Center, access to sustainability experts, the latest tools and methods and the valuable credential once completed.
You can start at any time and take up to 2 years to complete. Each online course is 4 weeks long and you are joined by a couple of dozen other sustainability professionals. You are mentored by the Instructor, a subject matter expert in their field. Each week includes a live 90-minute webinar (recorded if you are unable to make it) and an online classroom platform (the ISSP Learning Center), available 24/7, where your readings, resources, recordings and assignments are located. You will be learning theory and practice with sustainability tools and methods. You are graded on a pass/audit and will receive feedback on your competencies from the instructor.
Contact Christy Nordstrom, Education Program Director for more information or if you are an ISSP member and want to purchase the certificate for $2600 click HERE
Special Discounts for ISSP members
Purchase the entire certificate program - within 4 weeks
for the discounted pricing of $2,600 / eight courses
then receive the prerequisite Sustainability 101 course for free, a $250 value.
Please download the attached ISSP Certificate Program 2014 - 2015.pdf below.
|Learning Event Title||Date||Instructor|
|Sustainability Planning||SEP 2014||Marsha Willard|
|Sustaining Sustainability||OCT 2014||Dorothy Atwood|
|Leadership Skills for Change Agents||NOV 2014||Bob Willard|
|Stakeholder Engagement Strategies||FEB 2015||See course description|
|Strategy Tools for Sustainability Transformation||MAY 2015||Alan AtKisson|
|S-CORE(TM)||JUN 2015||Maureen Hart|
|Learning Event Title||Date||Instructor|
|Sustainability Change Agents||NOV 12, 2014||Axel Klimek|
The Value of Natural Capital and Ecosystem Services
|JAN 2015||James Pittman|
|Storytelling for Sustainability||MAR 2015||Jeff Leinaweaver|
|Biomimicry||APR 2015||Mary Hansel|
|LCA - Life Cycle Assessment||JUL 2015||Tom Gloria|
Choose any 4 webinars to count for credit towards your certificate. Calendar of upcoming webinars HERE
Completion of Certificate
Refunds for event cancellations
Books for core classes
1) S-CORE: The Business Guide to Sustainability, 2nd Edition, by Darcy Hitchcock and Marsha Willard, 2009.
2) SPaRK: The Step-by-Step Guide to Sustainability Planning: How to Create and Implement Sustainability Plans in Any Business or Organization, by Darcy Hitchcock and Marsha Willard
3) Strategy Tools for Sustainability Transformation: The Sustainability Transformation: How to Accelerate Positive Change in Challenging Times, by Alan AtKisson.
4) Leadership Skills, eBook provided by Bob Willard, author and instructor. You will receive the e-book for free after the start of the course.
5) Sustainability 101, Dragonfly's Question, by Darcy Hitchcock
All other resources and tools are provided.
Statements from Graduates of the ISSP Sustainability Professional Certificate (SPC):
"The ISSP Sustainability Professional Certificate is a great program for either current sustainability professionals looking to sharpen their skills or others wanting to enter this field."
"The high quality and level of experience of the instructors. The instructors are all accomplished leaders and authors in the field of sustainability and delivered exceptional webinar programs which were supplemented with excellent readings. The perspective and experience shared with us by the instructors was most valuable. It was a good group of courses, covering all the major areas at a high level without a lot of extraneous material or busy work. Also, the tools that I have available to me for use on sustainability planning and reporting are very valuable and could not be obtained from other sources without considerable expense. The program is, in my opinion, the best value for obtaining education in the field for working professionals - very reasonable cost and time commitment. I can't say enough about what the program has done for me and my professional development. I am now in a position that I very much enjoy due directly to my participation in the certificate program." from a 2010 SPC grad.
|ISSP Certificate Program 2014 - 2015.pdf||573.86 KB|