Since 2011, ISSP has honored a select group of industry pioneers with induction into the ISSP Sustainability Hall of Fame ™. Membership in the ISSP Sustainability Hall of Fame is based on a person's leadership in the sustainability field. See a full listing of all members of the ISSP Sustainability Hall of Fame here.
At ISSP Conference 2014 in Denver, five members of the Hall of Fame participated in a panel discussion that was moderated by ISSP co-founder Marsha Willard. The panelists included:
- Bob Willard, Teacher, Speaker and Author of The Sustainability Advantage
- Jeffrey Hollender Founder and CEO of Hollender Sustainable Brands.
- Susan Burns, CEO of Global Footprint Network.
- Joel Makower, Chairman and Executive Editor of GreenBiz Group Inc.
- Hunter Lovins, Founder and President of Natural Capitalism Solutions.
In this fascinating presentation, these sustainability leaders covered the topics below and more.
- As sustainability professionals, what are we not doing that we should be doing to help move the needle?
- What happens if we get things right?
- What's the difference between working on environmental issues and sustainability issues?
- How do we help companies operate in the new normal of global scarcity?
- How do we apply systems thinking to make sure that social equity is part of the conversation?
Check out the full presentation below: