Crafted by expert corporate sustainability strategist, Bob Willard, the Sustainability ROI Workbook is a new, free, open-source, downloadable set of Excel spreadsheets. They frame a comprehensive and compelling cost-benefit analysis for any sustainability-related proposal. This live-online course orients users to the need for a better business case tool and prepares them to use the 3nd Edition of the Workbook to build a business case for sustainability initiatives that a CFO will love, and more.
Note that the workshop will be about the 3rd Edition of the Sustainability ROI Workbook. As of November 2017, the 3rd Edition has replaced the prior version become the new free, open-source version that is downloadable from the Sustainability Advantage website. It includes significant enhancements, such as: one comprehensive business case framework for any kind of sustainability initiative; elements that tell CFOs what they need to know about a project that they are being asked to fund; explicit inclusion of ESG goals within the “Do the right thing” justification; and a succinct Project Appraisal Tool that helps CFOs do a holistic weighted-criteria analysis of one project or several. The webinar will explain how to use these new features.
The workshop fulfills the learning objectives of a 2-hour in-person hands-on workshop. ISSP-SAs and ISSP-CSPs who attend the session live will earn 1 CEU.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explain why there is an urgent need for action on environmental and social and issues.
- Explain why we need a more compelling business case for sustainability initiatives.
- Describe the three justifications for a more sustainable company.
- With guidance from built-in instructions and accompanying help videos, use the 3rd Edition of the Sustainability ROI Workbook to develop a comprehensive and compelling cost-benefit analysis of any sustainability proposal.
- Sustainability professionals and consultants who can use the tool to present a strong business case for sustainability to their clients and effectively promote their services.
- Company staff seeking to build solid business cases to sell their sustainability initiatives to management.
- Recent graduates from environmental engineering/management or sustainability programs who are looking for tools to enhance their marketability. Business managers who lack detailed knowledge of sustainability but need to implement related company directives and proposals.
Bob Willard is a leading expert on quantifying and selling the business value of corporate sustainability strategies and has given over a thousand presentations to corporate, government, university, and NGO audiences. His six books, two DVDs, business case worksheets, and extensive Latest Workbook and Slides service provides capacity-building resources for sustainability champions.
He previously worked 34 years with IBM Canada, “retiring” in 2000. He serves on the board of the Future-Fit Foundation and the B Corp Standards Advisory Council. He was inducted into the International Society of Sustainability Professionals (ISSP) Hall of Fame in 2011, received Clean50 awards in 2015 and 2017, and earned “Best for the World - Overall” awards for certified B Corps in 2013, 2014 1and 2017. He is an ISSP Certified Sustainability Professional and has a PhD in sustainability from the University of Toronto.
Bob's mission is to ensure his three children and three grandchildren’s quality of life is at least as good as he has enjoyed. More information about Bob and his resources for sustainability champions can be found at www.sustainabilityadvantage.com.
This session will take place live online on Tuesday, July 17th, 2018 from 9:00-11:00am PT-US. A recording of the session will be made available to all registrants for later reference.
This workshop is $55 for non-members or $25 for members. ISSP members must be logged in to receive the discount.
|Workshop Registration||$ 55.00|