Business can have a positive and negative impact on people, the planet, and society and currently, is the only sector with sufficient resources (financial, time, talent) to effect the change that is needed. This workshop will cover the language of sustainability as it relates to business (profit, brand value, and competitive advantage) and the events (market, policy and regulatory) that have increased its prevalence over the past few decades. You will leave this workshop knowing how to take social and environmental issues and determine risks and opportunities using the language of business.
- Understand the language of business and sustainability
- Communicate benefits of sustainability (risks and opportunity analysis)
- Gain confidence that sustainable business is a positive solution for global issues such as climate change and equity and has beneficial impacts on business & society
- The Language of Sustainable Business
- Stories of Success
- Foundation and History of Sustainable Business
- What's Happening in the Marketplace
- Sustainability in the Organization
- Communicating the Return on Sustainability
- Return on Sustainability Case Studies
Price: $30 for ISSP members and $75 for non-members. Members must be logged in to receive the discount.
This self-study course includes:
- Multi-media Video Lectures
- Training Description & Learning Objectives
- 1 Content Quiz w/Answer Key
- 2 Assignments w/Answer Key
This workshop is self-paced, computer-based and delivered via the web. You can enroll at any time, study when it fits your schedule, and take as long as you like to complete the workshop. You can contact ISSP with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This workshop is brought to you by the International Society of Sustainability Professionals and Sustainable Business Consulting and is recommended for individuals new to the field of sustainability or those looking for a quick update/refresher. Successful completion of all course requirements will earn 0.5 Continuing Education Units for ISSP-SA and ISSP-CSP credential holders.
See also the special bundle pricing for all 8 SBC Self-Study Introduction to Business Sustainability workshops.