While it may feel as if the world is going up in flames when the conversation is about income inequality, climate change, and extreme weather, this workshop will outline the hopeful ways that business can be part of the solution and how you can make a positive difference in your job. You will leave this workshop having a better context for the current state of sustainability and will understand how to connect business, financial and brand opportunities to the greater social, environmental and economic issues that exist today.
- Understand global social and environmental issues that affect business decisions
- Connect business opportunities with the environmental and social challenges such as global warming, climate change, access to capital and infrastructure
- Communicate innovations in the marketplace where sustainability is solving challenges
- Current State of Sustainability
- Current Political Climate
- Making the Business Case for Renewable Energy
- Governments Taking Action
- Current State of Global Temperatures
- Current State of Ice Caps and Sea Levels
- Economic Opportunity for Business to Address Sustainability
- Road Map to Integrating Sustainability
- Carbon Pricing
- Options for Climate Policy
Price: $30 for ISSP members and $75 for non-members. Members must be logged in to receive the discount.
This self-study course includes:
- Multi-media Video Lectures
- Training Description & Learning Objectives
- 1 Content Quiz w/Answer Key
- 2 Assignments w/Answer Key
This workshop is self-paced, computer-based and delivered via the web. You can enroll at any time, study when it fits your schedule, and take as long as you like to complete the workshop. You can contact ISSP with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This workshop is brought to you by the International Society of Sustainability Professionals and Sustainable Business Consulting. and is recommended for individuals new to the field of sustainability or those looking for a quick update/refresher. Successful completion of all course requirements will earn 0.5 Continuing Education Units for ISSP-SA and ISSP-CSP credential holders.
See also the special bundle pricing for all 8 SBC Self-Study Introduction to Business Sustainability workshops.