The foundational key to business sustainability is having a thorough understanding of how business works and being able to communicate environmental and social sustainability benefits with that business lens. Many people believe there is a tradeoff between the financial bottom and being able to do better for the environment or society as a whole. In this workshop, you will learn how to dispel that myth and learn the basic skills of sustainable business, including how to communicate that a business can be more profitable, enhance brand value, reduce risk, provide a better return to investors, increase employee productivity and gain a competitive advantage by implementing sustainability.
- Understand how to talk about sustainability in a business setting
- Why identify cost savings, risk reduction, brand value, employee productivity and top-line revenue growth of implementing sustainability
- Learn about how to tailor your message to varying identified stakeholders of a business
- Analyze case study examples of businesses implementing sustainable initiatives, policies, etc.
- Making the Business Case
- Matching Values throughout the Supply Chain
- Return on Sustainability
- The Sustainability Shift in Business Leaders
- The Sustainability Shift in Financial Markets
- Pressure from Supply Chain and Employees
- Case Studies of Sustainability Innovation and Profitability
Price: $30 for ISSP members and $75 for non-members. Members must be logged in to receive the discount.
This self-study course includes:
- Multi-media Video Lectures
- Training Description & Learning Objectives
- 1 Content Quiz w/Answer Key
- 2 Assignments w/Answer Key
This workshop is self-paced, computer-based and delivered via the web. You can enroll at any time, study when it fits your schedule, and take as long as you like to complete the workshop. You can contact ISSP with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This workshop is brought to you by the International Society of Sustainability Professionals and Sustainable Business Consulting and is recommended for individuals new to the field of sustainability or those looking for a quick update/refresher. Successful completion of all course requirements will earn 0.5 Continuing Education Units for ISSP-SA and ISSP-CSP credential holders.
See also the special bundle pricing for all 8 SBC Self-Study Introduction to Business Sustainability workshops.