Sustainable Operations is not only about green-ing and lean-ing your operations — it is beginning with the environment in mind and designing it right from the get-go. In this training, you will look at operations from a strategic level and learn how to create a lean and green enterprise. It covers topics such as the Toyota Way, Cradle-to-Cradle design, lean and Biomimicry. Through this video, you can learn how to "green" your company and save a lot of money at the same time.
- Be able to compare and contrast traditional business operations with sustainable operations by applying a triple-bottom-line perspective to traditional business
- Learn to identify financial opportunities hidden in unused waste streams and how to "green” your office
- Understand common supply-chain pressures and become familiar with supplier score-cards to understand the policies by which companies need to abide
- Learn about the different ways that lean, Cradle-to-Cradle, Biomimicry and the Toyota Way can improve a business's operations
- Sustainable Operations
- Companies Taking Action
- Sustainable Design
- Defining Sustainable Operations
- Lean Manufacturing
- Case Study: The Toyota Way
- Green Building
- Greening Your Office
- Green Operations Case Studies
- Walmart Supplier Scorecard
- Design with the Environment in Mind
Price: $30 for ISSP members and $75 for non-members. Members must be logged in to receive the discount.
This self-study course includes:
- Multi-media Video Lectures
- Training Description & Learning Objectives
- 1 Content Quiz w/Answer Key
- 2 Assignments w/Answer Key
This workshop is self-paced, computer-based and delivered via the web. You can enroll at any time, study when it fits your schedule, and take as long as you like to complete the workshop. You can contact ISSP with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This workshop is brought to you by the International Society of Sustainability Professionals and Sustainable Business Consulting and is recommended for individuals new to the field of sustainability or those looking for a quick update/refresher. Successful completion of all course requirements will earn 0.5 Continuing Education Units for ISSP-SA and ISSP-CSP credential holders.
See also the special bundle pricing for all 8 SBC Self-Study Introduction to Business Sustainability workshops.