Setting vision and goals for sustainability may seem like a very simple thing to do but it is one of the more difficult aspects of implementing sustainability. In this workshop, you will learn how to set your organization’s “North Star” vision and develop its short, medium and long-term goals to help your organization achieve that vision by using a technique called "backcasting."
- Understand the importance of an institutional vision and the need for a “North Star” for your business or organization's sustainability efforts
- Identify how sustainability aligns with corporate goals and business objectives to make your chances for implementation more successful
- Learn how backcasting can be used to achieve the goals of multiple year strategies around sustainability
- Vision and Goal Setting
- Determining Your North Star
- Aligning Business Goals with Sustainability Goals
- How to Set Sustainability Goals
Price: $30 for ISSP members and $75 for non-members. Members must be logged in to receive the discount.
This self-study course includes:
- Multi-media Video Lectures
- Training Description & Learning Objectives
- 1 Content Quiz w/Answer Key
- 2 Assignments w/Answer Key
This workshop is self-paced, computer-based and delivered via the web. You can enroll at any time, study when it fits your schedule, and take as long as you like to complete the workshop. You can contact ISSP with any questions at email@example.com.
This workshop is brought to you by the International Society of Sustainability Professionals and Sustainable Business Consulting and is recommended for individuals new to the field of sustainability or those looking for a quick update/refresher. Successful completion of all course requirements will earn 0.5 Continuing Education Units for ISSP-SA and ISSP-CSP credential holders.
See also the special bundle pricing for all 8 SBC Self-Study Introduction to Business Sustainability workshops.