Calculating a greenhouse gas (GHG) inventory, also known as calculating a carbon footprint is an important step in understanding where a company's emissions are coming from and for providing a baseline to compare against. This workshop covers the understanding of what are greenhouse gas emissions, the different global agreements and reporting standards, and the steps required to calculate an organization's GHG inventory, including gathering data and defining an organization's boundary and scope. By the end of this workshop, you will understand the steps to calculate a greenhouse gas inventory and where emissions are being reported publicly.
- Understand the context behind measuring greenhouse gas emissions
- Identify the standards and organizations associated with GHG reporting
- Determine a company's emission sources, scope and boundary
- Calculate a carbon footprint based on company data
- Why Do a Greenhouse Gas Inventory
- Reporting Standards
- Steps to Calculating a GHG Inventory
- Setting Your Organizational Boundary
- Determining Scope
- Finding the Data for Calculation
- Detailed Examples of Finding Data for GHG Calculations
- Calculating Emissions
- Quality Management and Assurance
Price: $30 for ISSP members and $75 for non-members. Members must be logged in to receive the discount.
This self-study course includes:
- Multi-media Video Lectures
- Training Description & Learning Objectives
- 1 Content Quiz w/Answer Key
- 2 Assignments w/Answer Key
This workshop is self-paced, computer-based and delivered via the web. You can enroll at any time, study when it fits your schedule, and take as long as you like to complete the workshop. You can contact ISSP with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This workshop is brought to you by the International Society of Sustainability Professionals and Sustainable Business Consulting and is recommended for sustainability professionals looking to improve their skills and enhance their marketability. Successful completion of all course requirements will earn 0.5 Continuing Education Units for ISSP-SA and ISSP-CSP credential holders.
See also the special bundle pricing for all 9 SBC Self-Study Advanced/Professional Skills for Business Sustainability workshops.