Sustainability, CSR and Socially Responsible Investment (SRI) are increasingly influencing the financial markets. This workshop examines topics related to finance as it relates to how social and environmental issues are being incorporated into both traditional and new forms of finance. It explains what is happening in the equity and debt markets, and explores topics such as SRI, the equator principles, institutional investors and shareholder actions, slow money, and impact investing related to sustainability. By the end of this workshop, you will understand both conventional and non-conventional methods of financing such as micro-finance and crowdfunding and recognizes a variety of alternative approaches that support positive social and environmental results.
- Understand how sustainable finance can support investment and management decisions
- Identify how externalities are being left out of traditional financial statements
- Understand venture capital, angel and impact investing's place in the sustainability space
- Analyze non-market financial instruments such as microfinance and crowdfunding
- Introduction to Sustainable Finance
- Why Sustainable Finance is Important
- Comparing Index Performance: DJSI & Low Carbon
- Sustainable Finance and the Faith Community
- Integrated Reporting
- Tools, Tactics and Metrics of Sustainable Finance
- Institutional Investors and Shareholder Proposals
- Divestment as Socially Responsible Investing
- Sustainable Debt Markets
- Venture Capital, Angel and Impact Investors
Price: $30 for ISSP members and $75 for non-members. Members must be logged in to receive the discount.
This self-study course includes:
- Multi-media Video Lectures
- Training Description & Learning Objectives
- 1 Content Quiz w/Answer Key
- 2 Assignments w/Answer Key
This workshop is self-paced, computer-based and delivered via the web. You can enroll at any time, study when it fits your schedule, and take as long as you like to complete the workshop. You can contact ISSP with any questions at email@example.com.
This workshop is brought to you by the International Society of Sustainability Professionals and Sustainable Business Consulting and is recommended for sustainability professionals looking to improve their skills and enhance their marketability. Successful completion of all course requirements will earn 0.5 Continuing Education Units for ISSP-SA and ISSP-CSP credential holders.
See also the special bundle pricing for all 9 SBC Self-Study Advanced/Professional Skills for Business Sustainability workshops.