Stakeholder Engagement is an essential component of risk reduction and opportunity optimization for organizations. In addition, it is a requirement of sustainability reporting under frameworks such as the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB). The Sustainability Learning Centre's Kathryn Cooper, ISSP-SA, will cover community and stakeholder engagement, to provide the sustainability professional, at any level, insights into a proven systematic process for engaging priority stakeholders and identifying material issues for action.
Stakeholders can be defined as groups or individuals who affect, or are affected by the attainment of an organisation's goals (Freeman, 2010). Increasingly business, municipalities and other organizations are recognizing that stakeholder engagement is essential. It can be a barrier or enabler to an organization's goals. In this program, participants will:
- Identify the significance, purpose and benefits of stakeholder engagement in the context of community and organizational engagement.
- Examine a 5-step stakeholder engagement process.
- Create Strategic Engagement Objectives.
- Discuss different levels of engagement and their appropriate use.
- Use tools to map stakeholders and identify their Influence and Dependency on your organization.
- Examine different models of engagement (such as ChangeLabs, Collective Impact) and their application.
- Review different stakeholder engagement resources.
Kathryn Cooper, ISSP-SA, President and Chief Learning Officer, Sustainability Learning Centre.
Kathryn has developed, taught and implemented numerous stakeholder and employee engagement in sustainability programs. She is a graduate of York University with a Master of Education on Sustainability and the Environment, where she conducted research on sustainability engagement. She holds an MBA from Wilfrid Laurier University, and a Bachelor of Science from the University of Guelph. Kathryn is a member of the International Society of Sustainability Professionals.
This course is delivered online via two 1-hour live webinars and includes a 24/7 online 'classroom' experience. The webinars are scheduled for Wednesdays, February 20th and 27th, 2019 from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm PT-US (Portland, OR). Check your timezone here. Recordings of live webinars will be available for all registrants.
PRICES & CREDIT
- ISSP Member: $25
- ISSP Partner: $45
- Non-Member: $55
Successful completion of all course requirements will earn a passing grade and an individualized Certificate of Completion, along with 1 Continuing Education Unit for ISSP-SA and ISSP-CSP credential holders.