- Integration vs. Disintegration of Corporate Strategy
- Data and Digital Technology Can Make it Easy
- Data Driven Story-telling to Integrate Strategy, Performance and Brand
Although there are multiple standards and frameworks that address triple bottom line performance, the strategies, goals and actions to achieve change and corresponding value often fall short. They can be disconnected and poorly communicated. The detail in the data linking them is usually ‘dull’!
Sustainability North and FigBytes will partner in this session to show how to integrate “core” business data with “sustainability” data and to connect them to strategic goals and an organisation’s “higher purpose”. An interactive session will demonstrate how an innovative digital technology and consulting approach can quickly and simply build a highly functional 21st century business platform.
- Topic: Innovating Business Strategies: Moving Beyond Sustainability Reporting
- Date/Time: Wednesday, March 20th 5:00p - 8:00p
- Location: Prairie Dog Brewing, 105D 58 Ave SE Calgary (one block from the 58th St. LRT)
Advance registration is required as event will be limited to the first 60 participants. ISSP membership not required, new members welcome
Register HERE: $10.00 ISSP Members / $20.00 Non-Members (fee includes first craft beer and appetizers)
- Corporate progress at different scales on sustainability goals and reporting - where information constraints lie in advancing and understanding sustainability strategy and plans.
- How to move beyond previous approaches of communicating sustainability (PowerPoint, Excel, Word and PDFs) to connect business strategy, performance measures and brand, and better track and understand sustainability progress.
- Innovative 21st century software technology that can integrate sustainability data into core business models to enhance culture, strategic planning, materiality focus, performance and brand.
Ronald Morrison, MES, RPP, MCIP, President of Sustainability North Inc., has over thirty years of experience addressing principles of sustainability in many different project areas. As a registered professional planner, he has worked in both the public and private sectors, and has advised on mega scale energy projects and many other assignments extending from the Canadian Arctic to the Caribbean. He serves on the Board of Directors of ISSP and is a founder of ISSP Alberta.
Colin Grant, Chief Commercial Officer of FigBytes Inc., is a multi award-wining sustainability veteran. He has spent most of his career in sustainability and has pioneered several breakthrough sustainability innovations, from using natural organisms to remediate contaminated land to developing visualisation technologies to bring sustainability “alive”. Colin has worked on high profile sustainability projects worldwide including Al Gore’s Live Earth Concerts and the VANOC 2010 Olympics.
Mel Wilson, PhD, Executive Director, Alberta SDG Network, has for 25 years been helping organizations understand, manage, improve, measure and report on their environmental and sustainability performance. He has worked with many companies across different industries, including oil and gas, electricity, agrichemical, telecommunications, retail, and transportation in Canada, USA, Mexico, Europe and Middle Eastern countries, along with all three levels of government.