Use this registration page to access the recording and supplemental materials for this webinar.
ISSP live webinars and recordings are free for ISSP members or $25 each for non-members. ISSP members must be logged in to receive the discount.
Recordings are accessed through a streaming link which will be provided to you once you have completed this contribution form. Most webinars also include a PDF of the presenter's slide deck for you to download, as well as presenters' contact information and topical recommendations for further reading and resources.
For questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
WEBINAR RECORDING: The UN Sustainable Development Goals - A Guided Tour
The launch of the “SDGs” - The United Nations-sponsored Sustainable Development Goals - marks a potential turning point in the story of humanity’s evolution on planet Earth. For the first time in history, all the world’s people, as represented by their governments, have a common vision and set of goals for the future, through 2030. And it is a remarkably ambitious, sustainable, and egalitarian vision.
Recorded live on Thursday, January 7, 2016
In this webinar, Alan AtKisson — initiator of the global “17Goals” initiative to promote the SDGs (17Goals.org), and a strategic advisor to the United Nations Secretariat — provides guided tour of the SDGs with a focus on what they mean in practice for governments, cities, companies, and education. Alan talks about how the SDGs are already having impact, as well as the kinds of impact they are expected to have over time. He also answers questions about the SDGs … and even introduces you to a new music video he’s created to help them reach a broader audience.
Alan AtKisson is a senior advisor, author, editor, and speaker in the field of sustainable development. He was inducted into the International Sustainability Hall of Fame in 2013 for his many contributions to the field, including widely used tools and methods for sustainability training, planning, and reporting; bestselling books (Believing Cassandra, Sustainability is for Everyone); training programs for sustainability change agents; as well as founding several businesses and non-profit initiatives, giving hundreds of speeches and seminars, and even writing songs on sustainability topics (he is also a professional singer/songwriter). Alan currently advises the United Nations on the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals, and consults with other clients in the corporate, public, and civil society sectors, working from his home country of Sweden and traveling internationally.
Additional Tools and Resources:
- AtKisson Group: Accelerating Sustainability Transformation
- 17Goals.Org, Alan's partnership to advance the integration of the SDGs, including a full slide deck and other resources
- SDG Move, an SDG-themed music video and engagement campaign
- The Global Goals for Sustainable Development
- SDG Compass, a resource for companies seeking to align themselves with the SDGs
- UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network
- TED Talk: Michael Green on achieving the Sustainable Development Goals
- UN Partnerships for the SDGs, and including how your company can start or join a partnership
- World Business Council for Sustainable Development
- US State Department: The Status of Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) in the United States (PDF)
- UNESCO Roadmap for Implementing the Global Action Programme (GAP) on Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) in the United States (PDF)
- Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) Resources: The UN SDGs (PDF)
And, check out Strategy Tools for Sustainability Transformation (April 2016), taught by Alan AtKisson!
|Webinar Recording||$ 25.00|