Crafted by expert corporate sustainability strategist, Bob Willard, the Sustainability ROI Workbook is a new, free, open-source, downloadable set of Excel spreadsheets. They frame a comprehensive and compelling cost-benefit analysis for any sustainability-related proposal. This self-guided workshop, based on a live-online event from September 2017, orients users to the need for a better business case tool and prepares them to use the 2nd Edition of the Workbook to build a business case for sustainability initiatives that a CFO will love, and more.
The 2nd Edition of the Workbook includes significant enhancements, such as: one comprehensive business case framework for any kind of sustainability initiative; elements that tell CFOs what they need to know about a project that they are being asked to fund; explicit inclusion of ESG goals within the “Do the right thing” justification; and a succinct Project Appraisal Tool that helps CFOs do a holistic weighted-criteria analysis of one project or several. The webinar will explain how to use these new features.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explain why there is an urgent need for action on environmental and social and issues.
- Explain why we need a more compelling business case for sustainability initiatives.
- Describe the three justifications for a more sustainable company.
- With guidance from built-in instructions and accompanying help videos, use the 2nd Edition of the Sustainability ROI Workbook to develop a comprehensive and compelling cost-benefit analysis of any sustainability proposal.
- Sustainability professionals and consultants who can use the tool to present a strong business case for sustainability to their clients and effectively promote their services.
- Company staff seeking to build solid business cases to sell their sustainability initiatives to management.
- Recent graduates from environmental engineering/management or sustainability programs who are looking for tools to enhance their marketability. Business managers who lack detailed knowledge of sustainability but need to implement related company directives and proposals.
Bob is a leading expert on quantifying and selling the business value of corporate sustainability strategies and has given over a thousand presentations to corporate, government, university, and NGO audiences. Bob applies his business and leadership experience from his 34-year career at IBM Canada to engage the business community in proactively avoiding risks and capturing opportunities by using smart environmental, social, and governance (ESG) strategies.
He has authored six books: The Sustainability Advantage (2002), The Next Sustainability Wave (2005), The Sustainability Champion’s Guidebook (2009), The New Sustainability Advantage (2012), Future-Fit Business Benchmark (co-authored, 2016), and Sustainability ROI Workbook (2017). In addition, his two DVDs, free open-source business case worksheets, and extensive Master Slide Set provide capacity-building resources for sustainability champions.
Bob currently serves on the boards of Forum for the Future U.S. and the Future-Fit Foundation, and serves on the B Lab Standards Advisory Council. He previously served on the boards of The Natural Step Canada (12 years), Learning for a Sustainable Future (3 years), Durham Sustain Ability (6 years), was a citizen member of the Durham Region Roundtable on Climate Change (5 years), and a member of the Global Initiative for Sustainability Ratings (GISR) Technical Review Committee (3 years).
He is on the core faculty of the International Society of Sustainability Professionals (ISSP) certificate program. He was one of five inaugural inductees into the ISSP Hall of Fame in 2011, received a Clean50 award in 2015, and is a three-time winner of a “Best for the World Overall” award for certified B Corps.
He is an ISSP Certified Sustainability Professional and received a PhD in sustainability from the University of Toronto in 2005. Residents of Ontario, Bob and his wife are the proud parents of three adult children and the proud grandparents of three grandsons. His mission is to ensure their quality of life is at least as good as he has enjoyed.
This workshop is $45 for non-members or $15 for members. ISSP members must be logged in to receive the discount.
When you register, you will receive:
- A streaming link to the two-hour live-online Sustainability ROI Workbook workshop, recorded live on September 17, 2017, exclusively for ISSP members and registrants
- The slide deck used for the live presentation
- Links to download the free Sustainability ROI Workbook, Second Edition, open-source spreadsheet
- Links to help videos, fliers, and other supporting Sustainability ROI Workbook resources
|Workshop Registration||$ 45.00|