Open Enrollment. Register at any time. 8 weeks self-study virtual workshop.
$250 and ISSP Members receive $75 off - at any time!
Familiarize yourself with the fundamental concepts related to sustainability and sustainable development: its source, foundational principles and major practices/frameworks. Begin to see how the solutions can weave together to create a better life for us all. You’ll explore where you fit in the picture and what your role might be in creating a sustainable world.
After completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the most pressing sustainability trends, worldwide and in your own region/industry
- Demonstrate proficiency in systems thinking
- Describe different sustainability practices/terms/frameworks in common use and articulate how they interrelate
- Apply common strategies in both public and private sector situations
- Identify where you can best contribute to the field of sustainability
Four Modules/Webinar Topics:
- Worldwide Challenges
- Challenges Closer to Home (regionally / industry)
- Solutions (Public/Non-Profit)
- Solutions (Private Sector)
Sustainability 101 webinars were designed and recorded by Darcy Hitchcock. She is the author of the award-winning book, The Business Guide to Sustainability, as well as other books related to organizational change and sustainability and Dragon Fly's Question. She’s one of the founders of ISSP and teaches Foundations of Sustainable Business at Bainbridge Graduate Institute’s prestigious MBA in sustainable business program.
Sustainability 101 is computer based and delivered via the web. You can enroll at any time, study when it fits your schedule, and take up to 8 weeks to complete the workshop. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
This course is a prerequisite for all of ISSP’s workshops and the ISSP Educational Certificate Program (note that this is not a requirement for ISSP Sustainability Professional Certification).