This course provides sustainability professionals with an understanding of how to assess an organization's progress on the path to sustainability, identify new opportunities and develop a plan for the next stage of the journey, using ISSP’s S-CORE™ assessment. Click here for more information about S-CORE™. Participants will learn how sustainability should weave itself into all parts of an organization. The course will cover the ten common functional areas and practices common to all organizations. S-CORE™ is an effective tool for many types of complex organizations, including governments, factories, and institutions of higher education.
S-CORE™ and the associated text, The Business Guide to Sustainability, 3rd Edition, will help professionals understand what full sustainability would look like ‘on the ground’ and track progress toward it. This will help you translate sustainability into the language of common organizational functions (eg, purchasing, finance, marketing).
Participants who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Define the core functional areas and practices common to all organizations along with one major sector (manufacturing or government).
- Describe the evolutionary stages for those practices as an organization becomes more sustainable.
- Try out one small portion of S-CORE™, Office Practices, on friends to get a sense of how the assessment works.
- Compare S-CORE™ to at least one other sustainability assessment.
This is not a S-CORE™ licensing course. To become a licensed S-CORE™ Assessor, you must:
- Have at least two years’ experience as a sustainability professional (internal or external); OR have completed the ISSP Educational Certificate Program; OR have earned accreditation as an ISSP-CSP
- Complete either this self-study OR the one-month Assessing Organizational Sustainability course
- Complete the S-CORE™ Master Class (Separate course fees apply)
Course participants are given 6 weeks to complete this online course, including completion of assignments and participation in two coaching sessions. Successful completion of the course, as determined by the instructor, fulfills the S-CORE™ prerequisite for the Master Class. Participants who want to be licensed must also fulfill the experience requirement and successfully complete the S-CORE™ Master Class.
COURSE BOOK: Please allow yourself enough time to pre-order the required book for this course: The Business Guide to Sustainability, (be sure to get the Third Edition) by Darcy Hitchcock and Marsha Willard, 2015. The cost of this book is NOT included in the registration fee. You can purchase the print version here: http://www.taylorandfrancis.com/books/details/9781138786196/
Darcy Hitchcock is co-author of the award winning book, The Business Guide to Sustainability and the S-CORE™ assessment, along with numerous other books and articles about sustainability. She was president of AXIS Performance Advisors, a sustainability consulting firm, for over 23 years. She taught at Bainbridge Graduate Institute’s Sustainable MBA for several years and has keynoted on the topic in places such as Doha, Qatar and Moscow, Russia.
In 2011, Darcy worked with Maureen Hart to develop the on-line version of S-CORE™. Maureen managed the S-CORE™ website, the S-CORE™ benchmark database, development of S-CORE™ sector supplements, and training for S-CORE™ licensees from 2011 until early 2014 when S-CORE™ Sustainable Measures and AXIS Performance Advisors turned the assessment over to ISSP.
Darcy is semi-retired, focusing on getting sustainability embedded into K-12 education and boosting efforts in her local community, Sedona, through the Sustainability Alliance of Northern Arizona.
Times below are Pacific Time US (Portland)
|Workshop Rate USD||$ 400.00|