You are cordially invited to the next event in our Sustainability In Action series. This international expert panel will focus on the implementation of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by regional and local governments. Discussion will address the involvement and inclusion of regional and local governments in national strategies and review processes for the 2030 Agenda.
The speakers will each highlight best practices and lessons learned with illustrative case studies. An audience Q&A will follow the presentations.
- Mr. Peter Wollaert -UNITAR Fellow | Managing Director CIFAL Flanders
- Mr. Arnau Queralt - Director of the Advisory Council for the Sustainable Development of Catalonia (CADS)
- Mr. Rodrigo Messias - Policy Officer of nrg4SD (The Network of Regional Governments for Sustainable Development)
- Mr. Ken Oluoch - Senior Program Officer at the Council of Governors in Kenya
- Ms. Jacqueline Vieira - Executive-Superintendent for Environment and Water Resources in the Secretary of the Environment, Water Resources, Infrastructure, Urban Development and Metropolitan Issues of the State of Goias (Brazil).
- Representative of the Government of Argentina
6:00 – 6:30 PM - Reception
6:30 – 8:00 PM - Welcome remarks, Presentations, Panel discussion and Q&A
8:00 – 8:30 PM - Networking Cocktail Reception
Please note that although this is a no-charge event, registration is required. Click here to register.
For more information on this event and the ISSP Greater NYC Chapter, contact Mark Wolf, firstname.lastname@example.org, 646-926-0348
Flanders House New York
New York Times Building
New York Times, NY 10012