Companies and Higher Education Institutions Help Advance Careersand Establish Sustainability As Standard Practice Worldwide
HARTFORD, CT (September 12, 2016) – The new Education Partner Program introduced today by the International Society of Sustainability Professionals (ISSP) recognizes organizations that deliver superior education and training to existing and aspiring sustainability professionals. Through the program, ISSP provides its Education Partners with guidance about the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed by sustainability professionals in a rapidly changing environment and provides expert insight into what employers of sustainability professionals are seeking.
The initial group of ISSP Education Partners includes:
- Everblue Training - offering an ISSP-SA exam prep course
- Minneapolis College of Art & Design - offering an ISSP-SA exam prep course
- Santa Clara University - offering an ISSP-SA exam prep course
- Western State Colorado University - offering a Master's program in Environmental Management
- Wilkes University - offering a Sustainability Management Certificate Program
The educational offerings of ISSP Education Partners provide individuals with the knowledge, skills, and abilities they need to successfully implement sustainability practices in their organizations as well as prepare them for ISSP Sustainability Professional Certification. ISSP has certified more than 240 people worldwide as ISSP Certified Sustainability Professionals (ISSP-CSP) or ISSP Sustainability Associates (ISSP-SA) since beta testing began. ISSP plans a full launch of the program later this year.
About the ISSP Education Partner Program
ISSP Education Partners receive a host of benefits, including:
- Designation as an ISSP Education Partner, which includes permission to display “ISSP
- Education Partner” logo on website and marketing materials.
- Listing on ISSP website Education Partner page, including organization name, 250-word description, logo, and hyperlink.
- Regular updates on certification-related activities and materials, including standards, job task analyses, testable knowledge lists, certification requirements, etc.
- One free copy of certification-related publications, such as the ISSP Certification Study Guide, as they become available.
Membership and Networking
- Individual ISSP Membership and corresponding benefits for up to 2 staff members and discounted membership for additional staff and faculty ($100 each).
- Discounted ISSP student memberships ($50) for full-time students and discounted regular ISSP membership ($100) for non-full-time students of Education Partner.
Opportunities To Shape the Program
- Participation in ISSP Education Partner surveys, as well as Quarterly and Annual Education Partner Meetings.
- Opportunities to help influence and administer the program, such as reviewing applications and contributing to the development and evolution of materials like the Study Guide and ISSP Sustainability Professional Certification exams.
Promotional and Marketing Opportunities
- Listing of 1 event per month in the ISSP Education and Events (E&E) mailing.
- Listing of events on ISSP’s Other Events page (no more than 2 events concurrently).
- 50% discount on advertising (just $250/month) in ISSP’s monthly e-Newsletter and Education & Events bimonthly mailing.
ISSP Education Partner Requirements
The ISSP Education Partner Program recognizes for-profit and non-profit higher education institutions and training organizations that demonstrate a history of high quality sustainability-related educational offerings and employ instructors and course developers who understand and can successfully convey the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to be an effective sustainability professional. ISSP Education Partners embrace ISSP’s mission of empowering professionals to advance sustainability in organizations and communities throughout the globe, support the principals of the ISSP Code of Ethical Practice and Values, and are accredited by a recognized accrediting body or can document that their operations and policies meet the standards required for accreditation.
To review the ISSP Education Partner Program Policy and the ISSP Education Partner Application process, please click here.