ISSP's Courses feature an optimal mix of live online webinars, graded assignments and tests, and self-guided study. Paired with an interactive online learning platform, the ISSP Learning Center, the virtual courses offer access to current research and other professionals working in the field. Course participants should expect to commit 6 - 8 hours per week.
Here are a few reasons sustainability professionals should enroll in ISSP courses:
Better for the Environment:
- You don't travel so you don't have the associated greenhouse gases;
- Most materials are electronic so we're not printing out lots of handouts
Better for your Budget:
- You save all the travel time and expenses;
- ISSP's eLearning courses are very affordable because we don't have to provide a classroom or fly in instructors
- ISSP members receive significant discounts on registration rates
Better for You:
- You have access to the best experts in the business, no matter where you or they are located in the world;
- You can absorb the information over a month and return to the ISSP forums with real-world questions;
- You have access to the instructor and co-learners for a month;
- Enrollment is capped in order to maintain low student-faculty ratios and maximize individual attention from the instructors.
Beginning April 4th, 2017
Self-cleaning paint inspired by lotus leaves, networks that emulate slime mold, and management principles inspired by honeybees are a few examples. A growing number of people are applying lessons from nature’s treasure trove of tried-and-true solutions to spur innovation toward creating healthier, more resilient societies.
Join us for ISSP's April 2017 course, taught by biomimicry pioneer Mary Hansel. Through a series of interactive, online presentations, exercises, and a final deliverable, this course is designed to give you the opportunity to:
- Develop the ability to describe the concept of biomimicry and how it can be used to inspire innovation and advance sustainability.
- Explore deep patterns of biological design (Life’s Principles) that all organisms use to survive and thrive.
- Apply biomimicry thinking and Life’s Principles to real challenges.
- Identify biomimicry tools and resources.
- Interact with biomimicry professionals from different disciplines.
ISSP members can audit the course for only $30. Partner discounts are also available for members of AASHE, ACCO, USDN, STAR Communities, and - of course - Biomimicry Institute Network Affiliates. Sign up today!
ISSP 2017 Course List
Our 2017 calendar is filling up! Register for courses on our Calendar of Events
|Learning Event Title||Date||Instructor|
|Assessing Organizational Sustainability with S-CORE(TM)||Jan 2017||Darcy Hitchcock|
|Stakeholder Engagement Strategies 2017: Community Engagement||Feb 2017||Kathryn Cooper|
|Stakeholder Engagement Strategies 2017: Employee Engagement||Feb 2017||Wendy Firlotte|
|Stakeholder Engagement Strategies 2017: Supply Chain Engagement||Mar 2017||Robb Dods|
|Biomimicry: Pathway to Sustainability||April 2017||Mary Hansel|
|Life Cycle Assessment 101||May 2017||Tom Gloria|
|Strategy Tools for Sustainability Transformation||May 2017||Alan AtKisson|
|SPaRK Sustainability Planning and Reporting Kit||Sep 2017||Marsha Willard|
|Sustaining Sustainability||Oct 2017||Dorothy Atwood|
|Leadership Skills for Change Agents||Nov 2017||Bob Willard|
|Sustainability 101||Self-Study||Darcy Hitchcock|
|How to Get a Job in Sustainability||Self-Study||ISSP & SBC|
|S-CORE(TM) Self-Study||Self-Study||Darcy Hitchcock|
|S-CORE(TM) Master Class||Master Class||Darcy Hitchcock & Maureen Hart|
|Storytelling for Sustainability||Master Class||Jeff Leinaweaver|
ISSP members receive significant discounts on all ISSP courses. Registrants who are not ISSP members but hold current memberships in the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE); Sustainability Tools for Assessing and Rating (STAR) Communities; the Urban Sustainability Directors Network (USDN); or the Association of Climate Change Officers (ACCO) may register using the discounted ISSP Partner rate.
Refunds for event cancellations
If you cancel a month or more before a course begins, we will refund 100% of your payment less any Paypal fees; 22-30 days out the refund is 75% of your payment; 15-21 days 50%; 7-14 days 25%. Cancellation with less than a week's notice results in no refund. A transfer from one course to another is handled the same as cancellation.