ISSP's monthly webinars connect you with the people, tools, methods and competencies for your sustainability career. Check out our Webinar Calendar for upcoming events, and our Webinar Catalogue for information on prior webinars and to access recordings.
Tuesday, August 8th, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. PT
We all know that sustainability performance improvements must be linked to the larger organizational objectives. Ensuring that we speak the language of Operational Excellence is imperative. Directing resources to sustainability and environmental performance improvement projects happens as the sustainability leader is educated on continual improvement methods. This can go way beyond using Lean Production methods to reduce waste. When integrated, we can use the rigor of our operational excellence peer professionals to improve performance on human rights, fair trade, organizational governance, or even community involvement. Join Six Sigma and sustainability expert Andrea Hoffmeier to learn how sustainability leaders can easily use existing resources, human resources that are already in their organizations, for performance improvement. With just a few modifications of common performance improvement methods, important strategic sustainability improvements can be achieved without adding staff. Sign up today.
Help Us Plan the Next Round of ISSP Webinars: Send Us Your Proposals and Volunteer to Review Topics
Even though our calendar is filling up, we're always in the process of planning our next round of webinars - and we need your help! Members are invited to submit their ideas for webinar topics by completing our Webinar Proposal Form. We're also looking for members who would like to volunteer to help review and select webinar topics as they are submitted. To submit your name for the Webinar Review Committee, please contact us.
This is a chance for members to showcase what they've been working on that may be interesting to other sustainability professionals. Share with others how you do what you do! Here are some types of webinar ideas to consider:
- Case Studies: Stories from real organizations about innovations, learnings and/or best practices with regard to implementing sustainability.
- Methodologies: Tested processes for speeding the adoption of sustainability in organizations or communities.
- Tools: Application of specific tools that enable the adoption of sustainability such as sustainability assessments, management tools, certification frameworks.
- Policy: Discussions of international, national, or regional policies that impact sustainability.
- Research: Share new learnings or innovations in which you are involved.
- Roundtable Discussions: Organize participants into small groups to brainstorm a particular sustainability-related situation or challenge and report out their findings and/or solutions at the end of the session.
What topic do YOU want to teach?
We also love your feedback. Complete our webinar survey to let us know what you think and what you'd like to see!
To register for upcoming webinars, view our Calendar of Events.
To view recordings of past events, visit our Webinar Catalogue.
Questions or comments? Email the Education Program at email@example.com.
A special thanks to our wonderful presenters and to the volunteers on the ISSP Webinar Committee - we couldn't do it without you!