ISSP's monthly webinars connect you with the people, tools, methods and competencies for your sustainability career. Check out our Webinar Calendar for upcoming events, and our Webinar Catalogue for information on prior webinars and to access recordings.
ISSP's Next Webinar: The Sustainability Reporting Standards - What are they and what do they mean for me?
Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. PT
|Alyson Genovese, GRI|
Since 2000, GRI's Sustainability Reporting Guidelines have been used by thousands of organizations in more than 90 countries to report publicly about their impacts on the economy, the environment, and society. Now, the world's most widely-adopted sustainability reporting guidelines have been further refined to become the first-ever Sustainability Reporting Standards. Find out about the GRI G4 Guidelines transition to the GRI Sustainability Reporting Standards, and how this will impact your reporting.
The new GRI Standards aim to make sustainability reporting more accessible for organizations and policy-makers, and to encourage more consistent, higher quality sustainability reporting, focused on material issues. This webinar will help you learn the key components of the Standards, how they have evolved from the G4 Framework and understand what this transition means for your organization.
Webinars are free for ISSP members. Register now!
Help Us Plan the Next Round of ISSP Webinars: Send Us Your Proposals and Volunteer to Review Topics
Even though our calendar is filling up, we're always in the process of planning our next round of webinars - and we need your help! Members are invited to submit their ideas for webinar topics by completing our Webinar Proposal Form. We're also looking for members who would like to volunteer to help review and select webinar topics as they are submitted. To submit your name for the Webinar Review Committee, please contact us.
This is a chance for members to showcase what they've been working on that may be interesting to other sustainability professionals. Share with others how you do what you do! Here are some types of webinar ideas to consider:
- Case Studies: Stories from real organizations about innovations, learnings and/or best practices with regard to implementing sustainability.
- Methodologies: Tested processes for speeding the adoption of sustainability in organizations or communities.
- Tools: Application of specific tools that enable the adoption of sustainability such as sustainability assessments, management tools, certification frameworks.
- Policy: Discussions of international, national, or regional policies that impact sustainability.
- Research: Share new learnings or innovations in which you are involved.
- Roundtable Discussions: Organize participants into small groups to brainstorm a particular sustainability-related situation or challenge and report out their findings and/or solutions at the end of the session.
What topic do YOU want to teach?
We also love your feedback. Complete our webinar survey to let us know what you think and what you'd like to see!
To register for upcoming webinars, view our Calendar of Events.
To view recordings of past events, visit our Webinar Catalogue.
Questions or comments? Email the Education Program at email@example.com.
A special thanks to our wonderful presenters and to the volunteers on the ISSP Webinar Committee - we couldn't do it without you!